Thursday 25 May 2017

Again whilst im here (I have done the research on days aside today so please let it be known that i am researching and just because all of these posts will have the same day stamp, the research is not the result of me sat here googling shit ti fill in the gaps. I will be honest the making of the molds has taken a lot longer than planned to have it simply break on me... that really pissed me off, i have been keeping up to date with things.

Irony that i spend most of my time in the work shop this term...

However, Antony Gormley. He was a different tune. Again his name had co,me up in previous weeks but the relevance had only become more meaningful in light of my recent... accident.

Related image

I'm thinking about all those broken pieces of metal and perhaps a figure with plaster pieces could work too?

Displaying 20170518_170524.jpg  I did look at wax as well to fill in the plaster molds. to see if they could be broken free into slate that would look like the patterns of neural networks in the brain.

Related image It was interesting an aesthetic. Damn stuff fused to the plaster though even with Vaseline attached to it.

Displaying 20170523_142617.jpg  maybe it was a frailty thing? it could only be scrapped up.
Ollie had a good theory on it that because the wax was such a high percentage of liquid ,especially as i was poured in a melted state, the plaster absorbed a lot of that liquid, essentially gluing the two materials together.

No comments:

Post a Comment